Friday, January 13, 2012

Babymoon



Just like a honeymoon is a relaxing time to spend with your hubby after a hectic wedding and before the daily routine of married life begins, a babymoon is a vacation you take before the arrival of the baby. The purpose of a babymoon is to give us one last relaxing vacation before our vacations involve Disney World and revolve around our little guy's interest. :)



I think I know what weekend, President's Day weekend. That way, I don't have to take as much time off from work and it is in our second trimester. Doctors advise you not to travel during your third trimester.



Soooooooooooooo where to go!



We don't want to spend a lot of money because we have so much to buy for the baby! But we want to have a nice relaxing time. Really, I can't do much. :-( I pretty much can lay out, swim, and snorkel. I am usually the most active person on our vacations. I love being adventurous and para sailing, zip lining, swimming with sea turtles, jet skiing, taking hard hikes, really you name it and I will do it!


Choice 1. Take a Cruise


We have only been on one cruise but LOVED it. They are so inexpensive and all the food is free! Alcohol isn't but since that isn't a problem for me I am thinking this option is more and more the way to go. We loved the excursions you could sign up for but of course I can still snorkel and if we port in a city, we can just explore!

Choice 2. Bahamas


This place is relatively inexpensive if you compare it to other destinations and a fairly easy flight. I haven't found an option for under $3,000 so that's a bit of a bummer but I'm looking at some options of shortening our stay a bit.



Choice 3. Key West



This was Ross' idea. At first I wasn't thrilled about it because you DRINK in Key West. I mean, don't get me wrong I LOVE Key West but I would be scared I would feel left out with all the drunk people. I could still go snorkeling though and just lay by the pool. Key West is definitely not known for their beach.



Choice 4. A Sandals Resort



I have always wanted to do an all inclusive resort but I just don't think now is the time. I had heard from a friend that the Sandals she went to let her have an alcohol credit because she was pregnant. I emailed a couple of the Sandals and they all said no to this. :-( So, I'm not sure it is worth the price.



Choice 5. ???????



Email me with a suggestion!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment