Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Nautical theme

So, I decided on a nautical theme! For several reasons... First being it is preppy and I love all things preppy. :) Secondly, we live at the beach and it just makes sense. :0)

I picked a Benjamin Moor Color of New Hope Gray (below). Well, I think I did... I'm going to test it out this week and see if I like it. I picked this because I want navy blue curtains (also below) and didn't want too much of a baby (pansy) blue. :-) Plus I think this color will contrast well with pure white trim that Ross and I love oh so much.






Now, if you know me, you know I love Pottery Barn so it shouldn't be too big of a surprise that I'm going to decorate our nursery in Pottery Barn Kids. ;-) We picked the PB Kendall nursery furniture. Luckily, my cheap husband does believe in paying more for furniture that is quality and will last forever than saving a buck and having to throw it out after a couple of years. :)



So, now I have the basics of the room, but I'm a firm believer that art MAKES a room. I loooooooove http://www.etsy.com/ and swear by it. I have found some things that are neat, but am still searching for the perfect decor.



No comments:

Post a Comment