Wednesday, January 4, 2012

For My Michelle

Hi Michelle! :-)


So, my oooooooold (well not TOO old) friend Michelle is just a few weeks behind me with a bun in the oven! It's great being pregnant together because its given us an excuse to talk more! <3 Michelle and I met each other in middle school and have been to Europe and Venezuela together singing in a cheesey little group. BUT we have great memories together because of it. :-)


Michelle has only given me the details that she thinks she wants a room with a white chair rail and mint green paint. She doesn't know the sex yet so these ideas are neutral, but honestly I love neutral! :-) I believe you get less tired of decor if you stay neutral with the basics and then you can just change out the accent pieces!




This green is called "Calm Green by Kilex" I think in the picture its a great green! But If you are thinking about green in the bedding as well, I would recommend selecting your bedding first then matching the paint green to your bedding.




This bedding is from Serena and Lily (http://www.serenaandlily.com/). In the Nursery Basics-Sprout collection. I LOVE their bedding! I mean, ADORE them. They are so classy and yet you are able to pair it with fun art and make it completely what you want. Their Sprout collection has several different fitted sheets that would fit the green look.
I thought this pillow was so perfect for this look. This is from http://www.potterybarnkids.com/. Again, I am staying neutral here, but you can change the theme so easily with both paint that is above and the bedding.









This art I also found on etsy (http://www.etsy.com/). These are 8x10 prints that sell for $14 each. I honestly would recommend writing the seller and asking if she could print them in 5x7 prints and charge you less. I would then get the entire alphabet and frame them for an awesome wall display. If that is too pricey, I would either do like the picture above or pick your favorites!




Yes, this idea is so fun to me! I was going to do this if I hadn't picked a nautical theme for my nursery. I think its pretty cute with the shelves worked into the decal, but http://www.etsy.com/ has TONS of different tree decals. PLUS you aren't limited to the colors you see in this picture or any of the ones on the site. You can change the color of the tree, the animals, or the leaves!

Okay, these are just my quick ideas for Michelle! Maybe once she knows the sex and has a better idea of her theme, I'll post some more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment